As you know from my recent blog post, I have ordered a HashFast Baby Jet 400GH ASIC device. My order number is in the low 100s out of a possible 550 Baby Jets to be sold in batch one. I just checked and it appears that they have less than 35 units left to order in this batch, so if you are interested in ordering, act fast!
Here are the reasons I trust HashFast more than I trust Butterfly Labs
- Orders are listed on the Order Chain – First Batch of Baby Jets page of HashFast website
- Support has been available to me through both email and telephone on a timely basis
- HashFast Miner Protection Program
- Quick response times on bitcointalk.org
One of the concerns that I had about this unit was something I read on the HashFast Baby Jet description was that “This equipment is solely intended for use in commercial environments”. My mining operation is in my basement and I read this after I had already ordered. I started to second guess myself. I contacted HashFast support to get more details on this statement. It turns out that this will be easier to set up that most asic devices that are already out there. According to HashFast Support:
- Baby Jet is a stand alone CPU and runs on Linux
- CGMiner is preloaded
- can run with Raspberry Pi (however I don’t think this will be necessary since CGMiner is preloaded on the unit)
- Powered via plug into wall
- Add Internet Connection
- Add mouse and keyboard (i hope to be able to install TeamViewer so this won’t even be necessary)
If the HashFast Baby Jet is sold out by the time you read this page, they are taking back orders so get in line today! The price of BTC has risen quite a bit since I purchased mine so it would actually cost you less to own one.Please take a moment to share and like this free content. It only takes 3 seconds.